Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Break From Jamaica Posts

I'm still planning on completing the final two days of travel to Jamaica...but I just want to take a break from it. I leave for Burning Man a week from this Saturday...I must have Jamaica done by then so I can post about the desert when I return.

I don't have a ton to write. I'm kind of busy getting ready for the trip, but I'm also trying to take care of myself right now. I'm attempting to get enough sleep, eat well, exercise, and get spiritually connected. This will be a challenging event for me and I really need to be at the top of my game.

I realized today that I've sewn so many kick-ass costumes...but I really need to figure out what to pack! I need to survive out there for 8 days (the boyfriend will be with me, he's been already, and we're sharing some things)!

I'm nervous, but I also don't want to go much anymore. I think I was too involved with the planning, got caught up in the drama and tension, and needed to take a step back. I also get caught up in feeling like the desert is a good place to isolate...something I tend to do when I get overwhelmed or stressed (not as easy to do since living with my partner...that's a good thing...but it really doesn't let me act out on this defect as much). More than anything, I need to clean my basement, clean my car, and get my life back in order.

Guess that can wait until I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home