Wednesday, November 09, 2005

How Old Am I?

I sometimes feel like an elderly person. I've got an inhaler for asthma, Lipitor for high cholesteral, a rasping cough all winter long (usually from Bronchitis), and a sore shoulder.

I had a physical yesterday. I do this every 6 months to check my liver functions and cholesteral levels. I got the results back from my blood work and I actually got good news!! I can stop taking the Lipitor! My cholesteral is still mighty high for a physically fit 30 year-old (240), but my HDL is 77. She said they prefer patients to be at 40 or above, but most can't reach 40. The HDL is the cardiac protector, it reduces chances of heart disease from plaque build-up (which I was at high risk for because of the cholesteral). I still need to get checked every 6 months, but this was definitely unexpected and exciting news.

Now what can I do for the Brucitis in my shoulder (I swear, I really am 30). I have this action plan of Aleve and physical therapy for 3 weeks. This whole Lipitor development is enough to make me feel less elderly about the Brucitis.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

good news about the HDL! I'm glad to hear your heart and arteries are healthier now.

And your pictures are awesome! thank you so much for taking the time to scan and upload them all. It really makes me feel like I have a better sense of what it was like there. Love the assless chaps!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm old too! I've got bunions and hammertoes and last night my feet were cramping up so badly at the gym I was totally gimping around. How did this happen to us? We seem so healthy - and we've got a lot more decades to go (Hopefully). :)

I think your HDL rating is so high because it also stands for "Hot Delicious Lady".

Ellen

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's great about your HDL - mind telling me what the LDL came out to? I'd love to talk to you about it more when I next see you. I don't blame Chim Chim for taking care of the trans fat, Sam and I did a fridge purge of trans fat recently too (hint: there are some margarine-like spreads that taste pretty good, and Trader Joe's has trans-fat-free oreo knock-offs). :-)
Thanks for putting up the pictures! Hope I'll see you soon,

Madalene

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home