Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Mesmerizing Hair

I saw this woman at the gym last night with amazing hair! I usually don't go for short hair (and by "go", I mean admire...not actually go after the person), but hers was absolutely mesmerizing. Short, black , thick, shiny, and really curly. The curls were like perfect little rings...and they looked really soft and springy.

It got to the point that she'd caught me looking one too many times...so I had to say something. I told her I loved her hair. She started laughing and told me it's funny to hear people say that (and others have). She was bald until last February, which is when she ended her chemo for breast cancer. Before that, she had stick-straight hair (but had always secretly wanted curly hair).

With her treatments done, her hair started to emerge...CURLY! She attributes the thickness to pre-natal vitamins...because she found out she was pregnant 3 months ago! She described the whole year as quite a whirlwind, and she was very upbeat.

It's strange to imagine her sick with cancer, bald from chemo...and just a few months later she's working out and pregnant...WITH FABULOUS HAIR!

2 Comments:

Blogger stc said...

That is a heck of a story. I've been caught looking one too many times, but I don't know that it ever led to such an interesting conversation.

Let's hope the baby is healthy and the cancer is gone forever.
Q

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i doubt there will be a time this woman ever has a 'bad hair' day..

the things we take for granted!

im glad you got caught out and started a conversation. i wonder how many other awesome stories pass us by like this?

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home