Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Fasting and Colonic Bark

I finished my second fast on Monday. I was off work and thought it would be a good time to not eat. I fasted with juice that I'd made the night before (apple, carrot, orange, and spinach). I have to admit, this fast felt harder than my last, which was three days (see old blog entry...probably last spring). Without my entire collection of Sex and the City, I'm not sure I'd have made it.

By evening I wanted to tear away whatever food the boyfriend had. He was very considerate and ate while I was in the office doing yoga, and didn't heat anything up so I didn't smell it. But I did walk in on him cutting some Dubliner cheese...the encounter went as if he were sorting crack rocks. I sighed in a disgusted manner and closed myself in the bathroom to get ready for bed (although I did follow-up and let him know he hadn't done anything wrong...I was STARVING...I can't be held accountable for my reactions to cheese!!).

I did make something interesting out of the apple and carrot pulp. The boyfriend fondly dubbed them the Colonic Bark. They consist of oatmeal, honey, pulp, sesame and sunflower seeds, and almonds. As much as I've been trying to talk them up and have friends at work try them...they taste horrible. They're pretty much ass on a cracker. I'm going to throw out the first batch and try again...I don't care how many times I said, "they kind of grow on ya"...they don't. They suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home