Thursday, September 29, 2005

MP3 Player Update

I bought one. And...I got the Creative Zen. I found a really good deal with VERY cheap shipping and a rebate that made the 40GB cheaper than the 30GB ($163.00 total). I'm happy to have made a decision, and I feel good about the one I chose. I also found Creative's very highly rated portable speakers with an excellent rebate. Now all I need is an FM transmitter and car charger and I'm set!

I was REALLY having a hard time with the control mechanisms by Apple. I realize Apple isn't as much "the man" as Microsoft, but anytime control is taken away from the consumer, we have two choices. We can bow down and go along with those mechanisms, or we can purchase from less comsumer-hyped brands.

Also, I was hanging out with some friends last night and mentioned I got an MP3 player, and one of my friends blurted out, "Please tell me you didn't get an IPod!! Mine was sent back three times in the first 6 months!". A little affirmation never hurt anyone.

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback (even if some were my consumer-hype driven friends of "the man"...shame on you Liz and Ellen).

So where's my toy already...it was shipped yesterday...I want it NOW!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Man is disappointed...

3:19 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Congrats! I hope you get it soon.

11:13 AM  
Blogger DW said...

i would say that 40GB for that price is a great deal. Congratulations and welcome to the MP3 world. I have an MP3 player in my car and it's like having my own personal radio station. I love it!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home