Thursday, October 27, 2005

We Got a New Kitty!

I absolutely HAD to make time to write about our new kitty cat that we adopted yesterday.

As some people know, Luna, our old-craggly-adorable 13-year-old Alpha cat isn't in the best of health. She has a heart murmur, infected teeth, and kidney disease. We changed her food and are going to treat her gums...but she's a rickety little hissing machine.

Jack, our 5-year-old red Tabby angel, really needs a playmate. He has a ton of energy and Luna has made it clear that she's not an appropriate outlet for it.

So despite the fact that Luna is horrendous to Jack, and is selectively nice to him (mostly when she wants him to clean her), he'll de devastated when she passes away. Ok, so we'll all be devastated when she passes away.

Which is where Tiger comes in. I saw him online on the Humane Society's site and thought he was kind of cute. The boyfriend and I went to see him and within 10 minutes had decided he HAD to come home with us. We didn't have time to complete the adoption that night, so we were there waiting when the doors opened the next day.

He's a year old, and looks like he could be Jack's younger brother (red Tabby - pictures soon). He has the sweetest personality, and I can't wait until we can integrate him (he has to be separate for a week to make sure he's not sick).

It's funny, I never thought I'd get an animal with a partner, and someone asked me at work, "What happens if you guys break up? Who gets the cat?". I honesly hadn't thought about it because I'm sure we won't break up and we won't have to deal with that issue (although the adoption WAS in my name :)). It just felt like we were expanding our little family.

As a side note: During this process, I felt that by adopting another kitty, is would almost guarantee that Luna would be around another 5 or 6 years...just to spite us!

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures of Tiger. I can just imagine how happy your big family is. Five is a pretty big family (but then you know that, as do I). Are you going to become the crazy cat house? Will all the cats in the neighborhood want to live with you? :)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do i get to meet tiger. Do i get to be an "aunt" to your new kitty?

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home