Monday, September 25, 2006

Lonely and Hungry

The Boyfriend is somewhere in Arkansas. I'm fasting...and really hungry.

After the last five months of academic hell, The Boyfriend needed to go camp by himself somewhere. So, he got in his car and drove until he found a good BBQ place, which was apparently in Eminence, MO. He called today to give me his top three camp sites, which I wrote down in case he doesn't show up on schedule. I'm actually not all that lonely, as I could use a little alone time to recharge and regroup...that five months was no picnic for me either.

I decided with him gone, it would be a good time to do a fast/cleanse. I usually go for three days, but I had to break it when I got home from work today (almost 2 days in). I began feeling irritable, confused, and my head was pounding. I did all fruit juice yesterday (with a couple cups of brown rice because I was STARVING). Today I had fruit, juice, water, tea, and a little brown rice. And when I got home, a lovely salad with pine nuts and pecans.

I have to say, I do feel like I have more energy and I'm craving healthy food.

Is it wrong that in the back of my mind I kind of want a big cheeseburger (I won't give in...all this starving WILL NOT be for nothing!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home