Sunday, June 05, 2005

Oh Yes You Did Hilary Faye...

I highly recommend seeing the movie Saved. Who knew that Mandy Moore could be so deliciously evil? I love her character in that movie...evolving from the popular, perfect, Christian girl...only to show that her judgements based on her religion were actually making her a closed-minded, cruel person. Beautiful on the outside and ugly on the inside.

I loved that the movie showed the struggles of fitting in are universal, and all of us freaks have got to stick together, that celebrating differences are what makes us interesting. Even though I was raised in the Catholic Church (and have since left), I've never seen zealots of that sort. It was so over-the-top that it wasn't annoying. And I'll DEFINITELY quote from it in my normal everyday life (I could easily say something about..."I know what you're looking at "insert friend/boyfriend's name", and so does Jesus!".

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I thought that movie was great too! I think it must be Mandy Moore's best movie choice so far. David and I laughed through the movie.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home