Monday, February 25, 2008

An Interesting Story

This may not be as interesting to you as it is to me, but it concerns my engagement ring.

A couple weeks ago I bumped my ring on a railing at the Y while I was running around the track. I didn't think anything of it at the time and kept jogging. A couple days later I saw something strange. There appeared to be a dent in the side of the white gold bezel that goes around the stone (I've included a photo the ring to makes it easier to understand).

I was kind of concerned, but not super concerned because I figured I could get it fixed. But in the back of my mind I felt really guilty at my irresponsibility AND the idea that my ring might possibly be made of construction paper and masking tape and by the time I'm 80 I'll have a mangled mess on my wrinkly finger.

I moved on and tried not to obsess too much.

So, fast forward two weeks later when I noticed gross chunks of ickiness inside the bezel - time to clean the ring. I soak it in windex for a day and scrub it with a toothbrush.
Um, where did the dent go. This dent that was causing me to question my future with this ring was actually a smudge of black paint from the rail. Instead of being a delicate flower of a ring, it happens to be so hardcore that it removes paint from things when bumped. Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home