Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm Vibrating

The title was just a teaser...I'll tell you WHY I'm vibrating a little later on. So I haven't heard from The Fiance since last Thursday, and it makes me feel sad. I'm sure he's sad too, since he was horribly homesick, and I'm sure something strange happened - like the battery hooked up to the village cell phone went down or something. I'm about ready for him to be home.

So, I'm a little prone to depression anyway, and I think not hearing from him has exacerbated me feeling down. I had all these great projects planned, and I haven't done any of them. I wanted to clean the basement, organize the closets, and paint the bathroom (he didn't know about that one, but I figured since he was going to be gone for a while he wouldn't notice). It's not too late, I could probably knock one or two of those out this weekend. But, I need to get the house ready for my brother's visit next week and work in the concessions stand at the Rams game on Sunday (for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation). In lieu of projects, I've been staring at the TV and eating bad things. The projects can probably wait.

The vibrating this morning was caused by a "boot camp" class at the Y. I tried it out to see if I want to sign up for the next session. It was really hard. I didn't realize it until a little while ago, but our warm up involved running over a mile! I don't run a mile, much less multiple miles unless in danger. We also did all sorts of pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, dips, etc. in quantities that I don't feel are that healthy. PLUS, my newly acquired work-out buddy didn't show up! She'd better be missing a limb the next time I see her. The trainer that ran the class said that he trained for a tri-athalon once and his training partner skipped...that's way worse.

So, I'm sitting at my desk - vibrating - twitching - getting more sore by the minute. I really hope The Fiance calls today so I can "reset" and get some stuff done tonight.

Update: My workout buddy emailed to let me know that she had to be at work early (a little lame, since that meant 9:00 am - the same time I go to work - but she gets a couple free passes). We had agreed to not exchange phone numbers so we couldn't call with an excuse, but clearly now is the time to get each other's numbers.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

C- you are a funny girl. I am glad you enjoyed the boot camp this morning. For the record, I am unable to be ready and at work within 1 hour, I was here at 8:15 to PREPARE for my 9 am appointment.

With love-Your favorite work out buddy.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Prepare earlier (teehee, just kidding).

Tomorrow at 7? I'll email you my number and you do the same...just in case I can't get our of bed tomorrow, which is a real possibility.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is tough - I hate being away from my SO for long periods w/o updates. But you'll see him in a couple weeks...I recommend watching TV or reading books that would otherwise cause mocking by CC. It's satisfying to get away with that kind of thing w/o being made fun of for it. And of course seeing friends you haven't in a long time helps me too. Good luck w/ the boot camp class, we're thinking of you!
m.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

m.,

Yeah, the TV I've been watching is of the quality that I would normally make fun of anyone about (yeah, the movie "White chicks"?). I think I would feel better if I heard from him just so that I know that he's ok...which I rationally know he is...but you understand. :) Are you guys coming back for the holidays?

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn,

WHITE CHICKS?? Sorry. Shouldn't suggest you do one thing and then mock you for it, but man!...;-) We probably won't be back for the holidays, though I wish I could see Artica for its last event next weekend. I will let you know when we're next in town, though.
m.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your life and adventures make me smile! Hope you had a super Christmas. Were you in STL? How is school?

We are back from IA and on a food and gift detox program here with our munchkins. This morning we went through every toy in the house and identified those we can live without (LOTS) and will be looking for little kids that need toys more than us.

take care,
your favorite raddish

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home