Friday, July 31, 2009

Too Fat

Had a doctor's appointment today and the nurse said I would be in big trouble for being too fat (she didn't say it in those words, but that was the gist). She may have actually said, "Dr. B may yell at you for the number on the scale".

Indeed, he was less than thrilled that I'd gained 16 pounds in 5 weeks. Um, I'm eating for two y'all! Although I'll be honest, I'm pretty much eating for six, and perhaps lounging on the couch for twelve. I'm just really tired and hungry, and more tired and more hungry. I don't think my calories are truly out of control, but the lack of exercise is.

I immediately called The Husband and told him the awesome feedback. He agreed to be motivating and go walking with me. At this point, motivation may mean using one of those nursing home strappy crane things for getting people out of bed.
The picture is of me and my Mom last week in Colorado. See, big, yes?

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

You don't look that big! But the exercise will help in the long run. Thanks for posting a new picture. Great to see your mom too!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Mom With a Cuppa Joe said...

Not all that big dear. You look fabulous!

Take it from me, 60 pounds later and I'm almost back to normal :-)

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home