Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Balance and Blogging

I realize I haven't written since April, and I also realize there probably isn't anyone that still checks to see if I have updated. However, I was reminded by a co-worker and friend today that we're both desperately struggling for balance...and she thought blogging again might help.

Normally I might rebel at such a suggestion (mostly because I'm stubborn and hate to think others know me better than I know myself), but in this case, she is super smart, trained in mental health, and probably might know me better than I know myself.

It is true, there have been so many changes and happenings since April. Maybe everything just got all bunged up and I had neglected my blog, which was a constructive way to let it all out. Some of the highlights:
  • I got married - that was big. I may put up some photos in a future post as proof.

  • I became a triathlete - big too. I trained all summer and competed in three races...maybe I'll post those photos also.

  • I got bangs. I haven't had bangs since "mall bangs" in junior high. This may be one of the largest changes.

I thought there were TONS of changes, but I guess not really. Some are work related which I won't write about because it's uncool, but also because I could get fired since I signed a confidentiality waiver.

So I think that's it for now. I think this was a good way to get my toes wet again. I need to check over on Liz's blog because she does a good job of regularly updating. She can be my inspiration. Ta for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Carolyn. I have always turned to writing and now blogging to work through issues, get things straight in my head even when what i'm writing is embarrassing and i've never been let down. I want more wedding pictures!!!!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I totally still check to see if you are updating! You are bookmarked forever. I'd be happy to be your inspiration, but I've only been posting about once a week...I guess that is better than nothing!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!

Welcome back

Breeah and Lily

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home