Friday, May 20, 2005

National Bike to Work Day...My Kickoff to Balance

So I totally freaked out this week and felt like my whole world was falling apart. It wasn't, I just wasn't taking care of myself. I'd stopped going to the gym and making time for other things that are important to me. Not to mention, I was skipping along pretending that I was adjusting to my boyfriend moving in without actually acknowledging this massive change in my life.

I love that my boyfriend moved in. He's fabulous, we're SO compatible, and I couldn't be happier. But I also had to take a step back and realize that just because he moved to my place, I have to take care of my needs during this transition also.
Step one was spewing forth all this drama to my unsuspecting boyfriend, who, as usual, was extremely supportive. He totally understood, didn't invalidate my feelings, and suggested I do whatever I have to do to feel better.

What I Need to Do to Feel Better
I need to get to the gym again 4-5 days per week. I've actually lost weight, which is probably why it took me this long to crack. Kickboxing twice a week, yoga once per week, and running two mornings per week.

I need to eat healthier again, which is easy because my sexy boyfriend cooks for both of us and I can take it for lunch (I'm pulling my own weight!! I do the laundry!!).

Lastly, I need to take time to hang out with a particular group of people that I haven't been as close to lately. We share similar lifestyles and I'm always happiest when I'm in regular contact with them.

To kickoff this whole "re-balancing", I rode my bike to work with my friend Greg. It's National Bike to Work Day and it was wonderful! We met at 6 am, rode through Forest Park, had breakfast at the history museum, and he dropped me off. The only downside is that I got here by 7:30 am (don't need to be here until 9 pm). It felt really good to be up early, moving around, and riding my bike.

I feel better. I have a plan, I kicked it off with my ceremonial ride...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home