Monday, May 09, 2005

Sweatshop and Kitty Puke

My boyfriend moved in yesterday. Wow. Neither of us have ever lived with anybody and it feels really good and really exciting. I think it may have felt especially good after all the work we both put in to make it happen. It's not that we needed to make it happen yesterday, we just all of a sudden got really spazzy and...ta da...I have my live-in boyfriend on my couch eating popcorn and watching TV.

We both knew that I needed to make a slipcover for my couch before his two cats moved over. My couch is kind of nice and the boyfriend would have been nervous waiting for it to be torn to shreds. I started on Friday and worked about 8 hours on it (the following time estimates may seem excessive, but I wanted to really trick this couch out. I made a tailored slip cover with individual cushion covers...3 back pillows and 2 large cushions to sit on...out of cream canvas with tan piping).

Saturday I worked for 3 hours until I broke all the needles I had in the house.

Sunday, it's down to the wire...we'd agreed that if I got it done, the cats would arrive to their new home. Since I missed them, I very much wanted this to happen. The hum of the machine, the dark circles under my eyes...cut fingers, broken needles...all worth it when I saw it put together. Beautiful.

Meanwhile, the boyfriend had all of a sudden scrambled to haul everything he needed to survive in a couple trips in his car...and made dinner for us (I was barely able to talk or think...I could just sew at this point...I felt like crying when he told me he was making it, how sweet).

The cats came over...there was howling, crying...and this morning apparently there was puking. I don't care, it'll come out (at least it wasn't on the couch cover)...I'm too excited about my three new roommates to care about a little cat puke.

I rewarded myself for all my hard work yesterday by getting coffee and a donut on the way to work from World's Fair Donuts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Breeah said...

YAY!!!! Roommates are so fun!!

The couch sounds amazing and I can see some fun snuggle times with the four of you in front of the boob-tube.

Congrats on getting it all done in one weekend.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home