Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A Jag-u-ar For Everyone...WoooHooo!

There is a commercial on TV right now that just makes my jaw clench and ALWAYS burst into a sarcastic rant. Ever notice how condescending and pretentious Jaguar commercials are? Well, apparently they've tweeked their target market and are trying to be the "regular" person's car of choice.

First off, if you're targeting the working dude (or chick), please don't pronounce Jaguar as Jag-u-ar. It confuses me, I do not understand your fancy British accent, or your snazzy way of enunciating your product.

Second, the mere phrase, "Jag-u-ars for everyone" makes me about lose my shit! On what planet is there a Jag for everybody. There are not many of these on the road to start with, and to give hope to Regular Joe out there that he's going to be cruising in said vehicle is just cruel.

I'm picturing high school history teachers cruising down the road in their shiny green roadsters, waving to students, scoping out the ladies, etc. Or perhaps the checker at Schnucks and the ticket-taker at the movie theater could go cruising together on a Sunday afternoon. Not seein' it.

I really need to pay attention the next time it's on to see what their starting price is. I get so flustered that I lose all content besides the sexy British lady saying Jag-u-ar.

2 Comments:

Blogger stc said...

I haven't seen the ad. Perhaps it doesn't run in Canada.

I love Jags, but I would quickly cease to love them if they became as commonplace as, for example, Chrysler minivans.
Q

3:56 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

That's exactly the point. Jags wouldn't be the stylin' ride of choice if soccer moms and common folk were going to the grocery store in them. They must be struggling financially to have this odd ad campaign. Of course, the starting price is probably still outrageous.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home