Friday, July 22, 2005

Pain in My Ass...and Head

I HATE calling in sick for work...and I've done it twice this week. Not only do I feel guilty, but I have huge issues with being idle.

I've had this ongoing migraine/tension headache since Monday night. I've been doing what I typically do - I ignore whatever's wrong in hopes that my body will take care of it on it's own.

Until I threw up blood last night.

It was minor, but it totally freaked me out. Under pressure (from the boyfriend), I called my doctor and left a message. He called me back and we chatted about my symptoms. I've had issues with headaches in the past, so he was prepaired. I picked up a prescription for migraines, as well as Compazine for nausea. Some precautions are to be careful being in the heat because one of the meds can cause heatstroke and extensive sunburn...which I'm already prone to...hello? I'm totally redheaded and pale...or as my diplomatic father would say...porcelain (I type this as I'm listening to the heat advisory on TV...warning people to stay inside). I'm not really allowed to drive either...so, unless I run around the backyard or neighborhood...I should be safe from heatstroke.

Funny, the flyer on the outside of the bag had "helpful hints" on two different subjects. They're different each time. Today, they said, "Addicted to Caffeine?" and "What's the Problem with Quick Weight Loss?". Very coincidental.

So I've posted on my blog...now what...I'm bored.

2 Comments:

Blogger stc said...

Perhaps a couple of these will help?

All joking aside, I hope you're better soon. Tossing up blood … because of a migraine?! That's one hell of a headache!
Q

6:53 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Well done! Very creative...and I giggled at those as I did with my headshrinkers!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home