Sunday, January 22, 2006

I've Passed On My Gift

Ok, so not really a gift...but my PLAGUE!

I've been sick now for exactly 2 weeks. I've missed 5 of the last 9 work days (we had Martin Luther King, Jr. day off), am on my second round of antibiotics, my third box of Thera-Flu, finished seasons 1-4 of Sex and the City, caught up an all the soap operas I didn't watch to start with, and I'm not absolutely sure I'm going back to work tomorrow. I never in a million years thought my throat could hurt this bad.

So passing on the gift. The boyfriend has affectionately dubbed my illness as my plague...which he now has, and is now camped out on the couch watching Star Wars III (Wedding Crashers and Cinderella Man are on his docket for later tonight).

I'm feeling pretty guilty that he has it...but it makes me feel less guilty knowing I can return the favor of taking care of him. He started feeling under the weather on Thursday, so he worked from home and took care of me Thursday and Friday. That includes making meals, Thera-Flu, tea with lemon and honey, and told me I'm still outrageously cute and sexy (he's not a good liar...but I appreciate the effort).

So, I've just finished making dinner, earlier I picked up McDonald's for him (he thanks Santa for giving me the gift certificates), I made him tea, Thera-Flu, and he gets to watch whatever crap movies he chooses.

Just being able to walk around and stand at the stove for 30 minutes was a wonderful advancement, and work sounds so great. The people, my desk, reports, new protocols I need to finish writing, employee reviews...it all never sounded so sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home