Saturday, March 11, 2006

Tag

I have now gotten this email from my sister, who rarely forwards them, and M, who entertains me with them often. I’m writing my answers on my blog, and anyone who’d like to put theirs in a comment…that would be fantastic!

Four jobs you have had in your life:

1. HIV Prevention Manger (currently)
2. Corn Detassler (14 and 15 years old)
3. Ballpark Concession Stand Manager (college summers)
4. Resident Assistant (college)


Four movies you would watch over and over:

1. Sense & Sensibility

2. A Life Less Ordinary
3. Less Than Zero
4. Elizabeth

Five places you have lived:
1. Omaha, NE (0-2 years old)
2. Bettendorf, IA (2-18 years old)
3. Cedar Falls, IA (college)
4. St. Louis, MO (1998-present)

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. America’s Next Top Model
2. Rescue Me
3. Nip/Tuck
4. Law & Order (any and all of them…5 at a time…whatever. Although I rarely catch any but Criminal Intent these days)


Four favorite places you have been on vacation:

1. Jamaica

2. Virgin Islands
3. Ireland
4. France (do I only get 4? I also loved Phoenix with my family, Mexico, Seattle, CA…there are too many more to keep listing…I love to travel!)


Four sites you visit daily on the computer:

1. Google.com
2. Pink is the New Blog (trent.blogspot.com)
3. AOL.com
4. Yahoo.com


Four of my favorite foods:

1. Cheese
2. Yogurt (homemade…I think I’ve mentioned in previous posts that the Boyfriend and I are about 1 chicken coop away from being hippies…yes, we make our own yogurt)
3. Hard-boiled Eggs
4. Seafood Lasagna (my mom’s)

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Back in bed with the Boyfriend (I couldn’t sleep anymore)

2. Iowa with my parents (hopefully also with the pesky little brother home from Iowa City)
3. Texas with my sister
4. Seattle with L (Oh, wait…I’ll be there soon! YEAHHH!!)


Four people I admire:
I’m sticking to people I know

1. My Mother – She’s an evil genius (not really evil…but intelligent enough that she could form a coup to take over the world if she chose to do so), yet she sacrificed a fulfilling career to be at home with her children. It doesn’t end there. When we got older, she launched her own company, dominated her field, and later sold it to someone else. That’s impressive to me…deciding to do something unfamiliar, doing it, and doing it the best.
2. My Father – He continues to surprise me with his courage. Like me, he’s got a touch of social anxiety, but he challenges himself to overcome uncomfortable situations. He’s done what he had to do to get the highest certification in his field (which is rather specialized), and is President of an organization of other people who do the same thing. I can’t imagine it’s easy to chair meetings and go to conferences (it’s usually difficult for me, anyway…and we’re very similar). Plus, he’s the one who worked hard so my mother could stay home with us.
3. My supervisor – A strange choice, perhaps. He was thrown into a leadership position he didn’t really want, has been challenged along the way, and still he made our agency grow and flourish. He’s so qualified that he could have found employment elsewhere, but he chose to make the agencies needs a priority…and I really appreciate him for that (and no, he does not even know I have a blog…he does not read it…I have much more straightforward ways of kissing his ass).
4. My friend J – Her life has been filled with more tragedy than anyone I know (including characters on Lifetime movies). She’s still upbeat, spiritual, a giver to other people, and a fabulous mother and wife…not to mention a rock star in her profession…which is incredibly competitive.


Four places I like to shop:

1. Rock Star Rags

2. Target
3. TJ Maxx
4. The Gap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home