Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Early Bird Gets the Report Done (isn't that how that saying goes?)

It is 5:40 AM. I have been at work for ten minutes.

I have this dreadful final report due on Friday for the Office of Minority Health. I've been working on it from home, from work, in my head a little while trying to sleep, etc.

This morning is the final day that I would feel good about sending it (although I'll probably still overnight it just to be safe).

Why do I care about a FINAL funding paper (ie, they've already given us the money and now they're done)? Quite simply, if I do not complete this report, and to their satisfaction, they will not give us any new money in the future.

Plus, I kind of feel like I owe it to them after using almost $500,000 of their seed money to start the pilot program that's now the backbone of our department.

And now (dramatic pause)...I must work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home