Friday, October 20, 2006

Miss Laura

I thought I'd publish kind of a fun picture for this chilly Friday morning.

A co-worker sent me a photo this morning from an HIV prevention workshop. One of our other co-workers was in a skit about sexual pressure and safer sex with a high school student. Miss Laura (from the Queens of Comedy - she's in purple in the photo) was the MC, and also the keynote speaker. She was HILARIOUS! She told her life story...about being married to a pimp, and leaving him to go to typing classes, taking a theater class...and ending up in the Queens of Comedy!

She was incredibly down to Earth, and took several pictures with us. I'm on the left, then T, Miss Laura, and C (who lives in San Fransisco now).

My favorite quote from the day, and one that's really gross, but has stuck with me is this: Speaking to young women, she said, "You are no mans slop jar". If you don't know what that means, I shall not be the one to break it down for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My favorite quote from the day, and one that's really gross, but has stuck with me is this: Speaking to young women, she said, "You are no mans slop jar". If you don't know what that means, I shall not be the one to break it down for you."

Ewwwww....;-)

Madalene

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home