Monday, January 29, 2007

I've Been Keeping A Secret

I didn't feel like mentioning this until now, but my sister had been pregnant for the previous 9 months and had a baby last Friday!

See, I can be sneaky sneaky (not that anyone has ever accused me of NOT being sneaky).

Her name is Hailey Marie and she's GORGEOUS. I don't think all babies are cute, but she really is adorable, and I feel very flattered that her middle name is Marie - I can only assume it's to honor me, her aunt (alright, fine, my mother and sister also have Marie as a middle name).

And let me say, this little girl is very lucky...and not just because she has fantastic parents (and aunt)...she dodged a MAJOR bullet. Her mother, my sister - seriously - looked like a gremlin when she was born. Hairy, and I mean hairy...like on her ears. I feel that I can say this because she turned out to be a freakishly attractive person (without an above average amount of hair). She just had a rough newborn stage. To this day, I feel safe saying that she was the most beautiful toddler I'd ever seen.

Anyway, I'm glad I finally had an appropriate time to mention my sister being a hairy baby.

I'm flying to see my sister and her expanding family from February 8 - 13. This is the first grandchild on both sides of our families. A couple people have asked if I feel sad because my little sister got married and had a baby before me...and to that I say a big, "Hells no". My sister and I are on different timelines. We've actually been lucky in that way. Many sisters compete to accomplish more than their female siblings, but we've always had such different life plans that our lives are like apples and oranges.

Anyway, I'm posting a couple pictures of the little diva. Doesn't she look smart? I bet she's a Democrat. We've got to have a female president sometime...might as well be President Hailey.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks just like a Democrat suffering through the Bush years.

Congrats to Mom, and Aunt Carolyn.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

this is great! Congratulations to the happy family!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home