Wednesday, February 28, 2007

An Actual Conversation

This conversation took place this morning on my way up the elevator at work. It's just enough floors (7) that people try to make awkward conversation.

Me: Minding my own business, I smile and say hello when the usual delivery guy gets in on the 2nd floor. "Hello, how are you?"

Guy: "I'd be a lot better if Britney would disappear and they'd get Anna Nicole's body in the ground already. I'm gettin' a little tired of hearing about it constantly...it's become like a poison."

Me: I ponder a moment, evaluating the irony. "Do you find it at all ironic that you just brought it up and poisoned me with the very thing that you find so toxic?"

Guy: "Yeah, sorry..."

Me: "Ok then, I'll see you tomorrow...hang in there." Smile.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. I love ramblings by civilians. They know not of what they speak and it doesn't slow them down at all.

-Is this movie in 3-D?
-No, but your face is.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home