Monday, February 19, 2007

Ickiest.Injury.Ever

Not sure how many swimmers are out there (I know my mom and dad are among them). But you know how the bottom of the pool is rough? I was swimming yesterday and scraped my toenail on the bottom of the pool. I've scraped the top of my FOOT before (badly enough that it scabbed over and was pretty painful), but the toenail is a totally different beast.

I had no clue that the toenail is so thin. This scrape went all the through the nail and the skin under the toenail was bleeding.

This may not seem like a serious injury...but it's totally grossing me out. As long as I don't think about it I'm fine - but when I wiggle my toe and it throbs I get grossed out all over again.

I realize this topic is strange for a blog entry, but I can't get it off my mind. Every time I think of the scraped hole in my toenail, all my toes curl, and then my toe throbs and the vicious circle of me gasping "ewww, Ewww, EWWWWW!" begins once again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*great*. Your blog allows you to spread the EWW factor to additional people. EW!

m.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home