Monday, May 22, 2006

Two People I Love

I'm not going to write too much about these photos. I took both of these at the CF walk and they're two of my favorite people. When I look at these two pictures I just really "feel" it for some reason.

On the left is The Boyfriend. I like how he's propped up on his elbows. He lies that way a lot when we're in bed talking, giggling, talking about our days, etc. I also like how his brow is crinkled...definitely one of those things that I find endearing about him.

Yeah, pretty much this photo makes me think of good times I've had with him, it reminds me of the friendship and intimacy we have in our relationship.

(He's going to be mad I posted this...he hates any picture that's taken of him, and to be honest, his brow was probably crinkled because he was trying to get us to stop taking his picture).

The picture to the right is M. She and I have been best friends for 5 years. We met when we were both at difficult points in our lives, trying to make transitions into being adults (even though by legal standards we already were). We grew as people and as friends, with our relationship strengthening as much as our characters as strong, mature women.

This picture reminds me of when we first met at a Labor Day picnic those five long years ago. It's hard to believe that much time has gone by. For me, this image captures her elegance, charisma, and playfulness...all the things I love about her.

Her little smile looks mysterious, like she's up to something...which she usually is.

1 Comments:

Blogger elanflux said...

awww You make me sound like someone I'd like to be friends with! I love you to chicka! And I think we have grown together in a way that resembles each of us taking on aspects of the other that we love. Thanks for giving me confidence, humility, charm and damn good fashion sense!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home